ZUK Returning Home
- Below is a summary of guidelines you should discuss with your doctor regarding your home in order to prevent home accidents such as falling:
- Move furniture as needed to make adequate room for walking with yourwalker or crutches
- Remove small throw rugs that may get caught in the legs of the walkeror crutches
- Take your time when first standing up or when walking to ensure you are not dizzy or unsteady; the side effects of anesthesia and/or medication may result in occasional lightheadedness
- Consult with your physical therapist to determine any other home equipment needs prior to discharge
- Call your surgeon if you experience:
- Increased swelling in the knee or lower leg
- Persistent pain not relieved by pain medication
- Abnormal side effects from anesthesia or medication
- Changes in the incision site
All information provided on this website is for information purposes only. Every patient's case is unique and each patient should follow his or her doctor's specific instructions. Please discuss nutrition, medication and treatment options with your doctor to make sure you are getting the proper care for your particular situation .If you are seeking this information in an emergency situation, please call 911 and seek emergency help.
All materials copyright © 2016 Smith & Nephew, All Rights Reserved.